Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update - Day 2


Thank you for all your kind words and warm greetings! Its been so much fun to have all of you here with us in spirit: cheering us on and welcoming our beautiful Harper.

The Miles family is doing well. Lots of sleeping last night for mom, dad and Grammy and Grandpa Wax as we were all up for basically 24hrs. And Harper has been sleeping all day long today, apparently yesterday wasn't too easy on her either.

She just did not want to come out. There was quite a bit of effort to get her here. I could hear the doctor huffing and puffing, of course I couldn't see anything, but it felt and heard like it was quite a struggle.

Eventually they told Nate to stand up and greet his daughter. Hearing her first cries were a huge relief. I wish I had a video of Nate's face, it was the most precious expression of joy I have ever seen.

Nate went with H to the nursery to get her bathed and measured. I headed off to recovery and two hours later we all reunited in our post-partum room. She was very alert all day. Checking out her new digs.

Harper is feeding well. I'm enjoying bonding with my baby girl. And watching my husband become a doting father. Having surgery has rewards, he's changing all the diapers!

We'll be coming home on Thursday, so please bear with us if we don't reply to all the sweet messages til then.

Thanks again for all the love you've all sent our way. We know we're blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives.

Xo Karen, Nate & Harper

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love love love love love love!

    Miss you guys! Super congratulations...

    ReplyDelete