Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! Harper is 3 months old!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who read this!
I've never before appreciated just how much work it is being a mommy. This year I have really learned to embrace my capacity to love and my strength to endure all that is required of motherhood ...and support and appreciate all the other women attempting the same feat. Moms Rock!

I very much enjoyed our lovely little Mother's Day. We went to brunch at an out-of-the-way spot, so instead of a crowded din, we were had a sunny, outdoor patio all to ourselves for most the meal! It was truly delightful.
Digging the outfits on this super Sunday

Nate gave me a beautiful pair of earrings...gold and amethyst (For Harper's birthmonth - February) which I promptly put on and modeled at the next stop - a family friendly tapas bar where I celebrated being a mom with some bubbly.

We then headed home to hang out in the garden. It was a gorgeous sunny day. The flowers were in bloom. So we stayed out the rest of the afternoon and Nate BBQ'd some steak and bought my favorite Rioja for dinner. He's the most wonderful husband ever. And of course, Harper was a little angel all day too.



Harper is really beginning to blossom. She still babbles quite a bit. She's begun reaching and sitting up and she often sports the "white man's over-bite", sucking on her bottom lip. I'm convinced she's teething now since has started chomping instead of sucking on her pacifier. We're looking forward to coming out to California to meet the extended family/friend network. Not so much looking forward to the flight, but I'm sure H will do great. We haven't gotten a solid giggle out of her since last week...and it's not for a lack of trying...


No comments:

Post a Comment