Monday, April 20, 2009

10 Weeks Old

Harper is definitely getting older. She's starting to deviate from her usual 3hr cycle. She's awake a lot more during the day. She goes to bed around 7:30, wakes to eat at midnight & 5, then sleeps til 8:30!

She loves to watch toys or my hair spin, dangle, sway or shake over her face. It really makes her smile. She's fascinated with her hands this week as well. Next step...reaching!

She's getting stronger. She can sit like a bobble-head doll if you hold up her back. I can tell she thinks it's a strange way to view the world, but she always likes new things to look at.And no luck hoisting her way over the shoulder anymore whilst trying to eek out a burp. She now pushes up and screams directly into my ear or if she's really hungry, my face, while simultaneously trying to eat my nose.

We're slowly (and I mean slowly) transitioning her to sleep in her crib. She hasn't really been a fan previously, even though its directly across from her Happy Place, the changing table. I have to admit it's pretty nice to be able to roll over in the dead of night and slip her pacifier back in and buy myself some extra moments of sleep. We'll see...

Today she got more vaccinations...she was not happy about getting a shot in the leg again and has been spitting up ever since. She's pretty mellow and sleepy for now. And doesn't mind being held...which makes her mommy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment